Labels

Thursday, June 20, 2013

I LOVE YOU MOTHER

Woke up this morning and I knew there was something special about the day. First, I woke up at 5.30 am. For the HEAVY sleeper that I am, 5.30am was an all time personal best. Yes, I was on the back foot of a major work project but from a guy that usually wakes up after 9 am, something was going down. Fast-forward to my normal work and something comes to my mind...it is the 20th June 2013. Gosh; ''I think I missed mom's death anniversary." Yes/No. Yes/No. It is actually today. Today marks 18 years since my sweet mom passed on. I can't say I have come to terms with it. I say a little prayer for her every day. Wait a minute; I knew this lady for ONLY 12 years. Actually 11 years and 11 months seeing that I am a July 31st baby. So where do all these strong, rich, sweet, memories come from. I only knew mom as a kid. I was only a child. Why do I think some of my adult life lessons where from mom? I guess she speaks to me in my sleep. One thing I will never forget is her love for the English language. She trained me so early. We always had spelling classes, which were rewarded with money. Today, my ability to speak good English has gotten me through places. Presentations and business pitches have been aced and formidable credit should go to my rich communication and verbal skills. THANK YOU MOTHER. I have a report to make and it's already past presentation time (10.00 am) as I write this. For you mom...I am going to finish up and actually do an excellent job. I will celebrate your 18th anniversary by making you a little more proud after acing the presentation and getting that fat cheque. I LOVE YOU MOTHER. Looking forward to that joyful day when we shall meet again. We shall have to start from where we stopped; 11 year and 11 months. I want to be babied again.

1 comment:

  1. aww..she's super proud you! most def.

    so how did that presentation go? fat cheque? yes?

    ReplyDelete